HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

K.A. Merikan – The Devil’s Ride (Sex & Mayhem #2)

The Devil's Ride - K.A. Merikan

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
The Devil’s Ride is the second book in the Sex & Mayhem series by K. A. Merikan. While this book is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel with ease.

Tooth is the vice president of the Coffin Nails Motorcycle Club. He is on a personal quest to stop the group stealing organs from people that fall off the radar. Tooth never wanted to be a babysitter to the club president’s son but he falls for Lucifer, whose life was filled with neglect.

Lucifer was raised by his mother, and never knew his father. After her death, he was on his own to survive. He survived to whatever he had too, even becoming a hooker. Lucifer has very low self-esteem and it’s apparent in all that he does. What I loved about him was how he embraced who he was.

The connection between Lucifer and Tooth is intense. I enjoyed how much Tooth tried to resist Lucifer mainly because he wanted Lucifer to become comfortable with all the changes. The sex scenes were scorching.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were fascinating. While the ending was a little predictable, the book is filled with twists and turns that keep the reader entertained all the way though. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was a very enchanting book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=31445