HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Charlie Cochet – Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)

Rack & Ruin - Charlie Cochet

Reviewer: Lexi

Genre: M/M Paranormal

Review:
For those of us who've followed the THIRDS series we know that when we crack the pages we are going to get an intense and action packed story that not only has awesome characters but a great plot that you can sink your teeth into.

There are so many things going on in this installment that it is hard to find a moment for some down time. There is a new Theron coalition that is fighting with the human run Order of Adrasteia. The information leaks from THIRDS makes it more obvious that the agency has a mole. Dex's team's synergy is off and someone is going to get seriously hurt if they don't shape up. On top of that, Sloan and Ash's history in the center came to light which makes me think better of Ash even as I ache for Cael.

Rack & Ruin is about secrets and lack of communication which had me in fits of frustration. More than once I wanted bang my head (or a character's head on the desk). I'm resigned to watch Ash and Cael's relationship unfold from the outside but the upside is that Ms. Cochet is such an extraordinary story teller that I don't miss that internal look—much. ^_^

Dex and Sloan's relationship is moving along as well, there are still many issues that they both need to work thought, but they will eventually reach that point that they can't grow as a couple because of the rules of the agency. She gave us a nice example here of what would happen and it made me quite grumpy to think of Dex and Sloan split up.

All in all, this was a great addition to the THIRDS series. I would highly recommend this to readers who enjoy urban fantasies and shifters.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=31461