HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Charlie Cochet – A Rose By Any Other Name

A Rose By Any Other Name - Charlie Cochet

Reviewer: Lexi

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
When I started this book I didn't realize that it is the second in the series. Even though it could probably be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the series in order. I haven't read the first book and I as sunk into A Rose By Any Other Name I felt as if I missed something. It wasn't until I was more than half way through that I realized this was book two.

That being said, the beginning of this story started off really slow for me. The time period is post WWI in the roaring 1920's and the care for the details gave me a clear picture of the setting for the club. Told between the alternating point of views between Edward and Julius. Their romance was sweet but I didn't connect complete with the two of them. I think because I didn't understand Edward's attraction to Julius.

This didn't pick up for me until the villain, Ares, made his move to stake his claim on Julius, adding a dangerous air to the storyline. Even then, I didn't become completely engrossed until later. However, Edward's cousins and their side romances I almost skipped portions of the story to get more of them. Loved those two and wished for their own stories.

It was kind of fascinating watching them investigate without the amenities that we are used to nowadays. The details of that era were interesting and told in such a way that I could easily see it. Edward's confrontation with his father was endearing, especially for the time period. All in all, I did enjoy the story.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=31474