HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Sue Brown – Hissed as a Newt (With a Kick #2)

Hissed as a Newt (With A Kick Book 2) - Sue Brown

Reviewer: Lucy

Genre: MM Contemporary

Review: I like the stories built around With a Kick, ice cream for adults. In this one we get the story of David and Stan. Stan is having a very, very bad day. He's in a clown suit, drunk and rolling in the gutter after finding his best friend screwing his boyfriend. Who does that!

David, off to get some ice cream, finds him and brings him out. As the two of them begin the journey to make each other happy they have to deal with Greg, the douche ex, and Matt, the incredible betrayer of a former best friend. David, for his part, is sweet and lovely.

I appreciated Stan’s viewpoint on the cheating. While Greg was an idiot, Matt’s part was much more heinous. They had been best friends forever, and there wasn’t even a good reason. No falling in love, no drunken night, nothing. Just hurt Stan and figure he won’t ever know. Idiots.

I have to say, I did laugh at parts, especially when Stan is talking to David's dick. "Bastard dick even responded to baby language." I could picture it and it made me snort. And the ice cream flavors? Don’t get me started, I SO want to go there.

They fall pretty quickly, but it's With a Kick. That's okay.