HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

SJD Peterson – BAMF Audio Edition

Bamf - SJD Peterson, Adam Dort

Reviewer: Sandra

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Let's get my big 'ol Pet Peeve out of the way first. According to Wikipedia, an epilogue is "a piece of writing at the end of a work of literature, usually used to bring closure to the work." I hate when a book 'ends' without a HEA or HFN, but then it's found in the epilogue. That is not closure, that's the last chapter! Rant over. Moving on.

As per the audio version, this was decent. Not my favorite narrator, but no huge complaints. He did a deeper voice sometimes for both characters during anger or sex which was borderline a little much for me, but it was okay and I least appreciate the effort at emoting. Flat narrators are the worst.

One disappointment was the super hot smoking dirty kinky sex. Now don't misunderstand, I fucking loved it. But both scenes happened early on. Once the guys were getting more serious and intimate, all we got to see was blowjobs and hear allusions to penetration. Not sure why. I needed to see them connect like that and understand how the relationship progressed. The goofing around was fun and playful, but I still needed their intense love-making to show how good they were together. Then of course we get one more in the epilogue aka last chapter, which was sweet and soft. Nice, but that's not them!

This was a good story with a good twist, but given the topic I felt like there should have been more suspense and/or drama. And given how smokin' hot things started out, it fizzles a little for me. A solid 3 star on both the book and more specifically, the audio version.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=31777