HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Bea LaRocca - Jake (Kinky In Kansas, #1)

Jake - Bea LaRocca

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M/M Cowboys

Review:
Jake Campbell gets the job he always wanted to have. He is a ranch hand on the Striker Ranch. However Jake is gay and while he is comfortable with it, he is a virgin and looking for some experience. Its apparent that Jake had a rough childhood filled with abuse. It does make me wonder how his mother did not know something was wrong.
Jackson Stone is the foreman of the Striker Ranch. He runs the ranch very well and seems to be a patient man. He also had a rough childhood that makes he understand Jake in ways he did not expect and made him want to protect him.

Nate O’Connell is Jackson’s second in command. He is also Jackson’s partner. He keeps his relationship with Jackson on the down low. It seems not many people know they are together. Nate also seems easier going than both Jackson and Nate.

The connection between the three men is intense. They make a great trio. The relationship Jackson and Nate have is filled with honesty. They both knew that they needed a third to complete them and they found the perfect person in Jake. The sex scenes were blistering.

Jake is the first book in the Kinky in Kansas series by Bea LaRocca. I found this book well written with an interesting plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were realistic. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is gripping with several unanticipated twists and turns that you guessing what will happen next. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was an outstanding story.