HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Amy Lane – Knitter in His Natural Habitat (Granby Knitting, #4) Audio Edition

Knitter in His Natural Habitat: Granby Knitting Series, Book 4 - Amy Lane, Philip Alces

Reviewer: Sandra

Genre: M/M Contemporary, Audio

Review:
A good solid read from Ms. Lane. I think book #3, How to Raise an Honest Rabbit, is still my favorite of this series, but I enjoyed this one. Not super steamy but nice relationship development, if a bit fast. More of getting to know Stanley than the two of them together. That was okay, since it made it more the story of Stanley maturing and finding love, although I would have liked to get to know Johnny better. Although book #1, The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters, was meh for me, I am glad that I met Stanley in passing to at least have a basis. Similarly, we knew some about Johnny from Jeremy's book.

Not much to say other than that. It's the same narrator as the other books, and I still like him. I do think that he could have done a better of job of making Johnny's voice more uniquely Italian/East Coast/mobster, as it was relatively neutral, but I wouldn't have wanted him to sound like a caricature either.

I did accidentally read the blurb for book #5, Blackbird Knitting in a Bunny's Lair, and unfortunately there was a bit of a spoiler that made the climax of this book less... climactic. But if I hadn't known I would have been on the edge of my seat, and it was a good lead in to follow up with Aiden and Jeremy in the next book, and I can't wait! I'll reiterate that I really like this series in audio format because they're fairly light and the perfect length for a few days of commuting. It's not Ms. Lane's all-time best series, but it's fun and light and I'm quite smitten with the residents of Granby. Makes me want to take up knitting! GAH!

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=31864