HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Christopher Koehler – Poz

Poz - Christopher Koehler

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: MM Young Adult

Review: Remy Babcock is a member of the Capital City Rowing Club’s junior crew. He is deeply involved in rowing hoping to get a scholarship to college. Remy is also trying to figure out who he is. He is starting to realize that woman don’t turn him on but guys do. He is firmly in the closet because he believes that his family will abandon him, including his twin brother.

Mikey Castelreigh is a year younger than Remy but also a member of the Capital City Rowing Club. He wants a college scholarship as well. Mikey is more open with his sexuality than Remy. His family embraces him. Mikey is in love with Remy but does not know how to express it to him.

The relationship between Mikey and Remy is powerful. They are young and learning about life and each other. It was not surprising that neither of them was willing to talk about their feelings at first. I loved how Mikey was responsible when it came to Remy’s lifelong illness. I also enjoyed how Mr. Koehler portrays not just Remy but also Mikey as teenagers who make mistakes that could and can change their lives forever.

Poz is the first book in The Lives of Remy and Michael series by Christopher Koehler. I found this book well written with a unique plot that kept me interested all the way though. I enjoyed how the author incorporated romance, coming of age, and serious subject in realistic and believable way. The main characters and the secondary characters were mesmerizing. The journey this book takes the reader is gripping with several unanticipated twists and turns. I loved how the book ended. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was a very captivating book and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. This is a story that stays with you well after the book is finished.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32060