HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Cardeno C – Jumping In

Jumping In - Cardeno C.

Reviewer: Barb/Sandra

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:

Review by Sandra 3.5 Hearts

This was a nice little nugget. I haven't read the rest of this series, but it wasn't necessary. I liked Clint, his no-good-terrible-very-bad-day was awfully sweet and funny and the poor guy just couldn't get a break... until he did. Hawk swooped in to woo him off his feet! A bit over the top, but sweet and light and just suspend belief and enjoy it! This quote sums it up pretty well:

"We have a name for that, you know?"
"Falling in love?"
"The technical term is stalking."
"Tomato, tomato."

Review by Barb: 5 Hearts Small town cop Clint Rivera returns from a two week vacation to find that he’s being evicted from his apartment and his ex-boyfriend of two weeks is engaged to be married to the daughter of a prominent citizen. Then on his return from checking in at his precinct, he discovers that his dogs have run wild and torn up his apartment, and he’s received one of the coveted invitations to the social event of the year—his ex’s engagement party! Disgusted and out of booze, he decides to attend the party to get the free food and alcohol.

Overindulging on champagne and scotch, he can barely walk to his truck where the gorgeous deputy mayor Hawk Black intercepts him and offers to drive him home. Clint can’t figure out why he keeps seeing Hawk over and over again, no matter where he is. He has no idea it’s because Hawk has been trying to learn more about him, is crazy in love with him, and wants him for more than just his body.

This story, though short, is packed full of chemistry, humor, and romance. The men are hot and handsome, strong-willed, and ready to make a commitment. But will it be to each other? And can Hawk win Clint’s heart in just one weekend? I highly recommend this one to those who enjoy two alphas together and to those who believe true love and happiness are waiting just around the corner.