HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Mia Kerick – Here Without You

Here Without You (One Voice Book 2) - Mia Kerick

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M/M Menage

Review:
Here Without You is the second book in the One Voice series by Mia Kerick. This book is best read as part of the series to get the best understanding of the three main characters and their relationship with each other.

Nate DeMarco wants to be with Casey and Zander at college but his need to protect his younger sister from their guardian and his drug use and abuse thwarts this. Nate does not know what to do but does know he does not want to put his sister into foster care. However, she does not appreciate what her older brother is doing and seems bent on pushing their Uncle to lose his temper and beat on him. When Nate spends more time with Casey and Zander than he should it takes him on a downward spiral that almost costs him his life.

Casey Minton is attending Boston City College with the goal of becoming a medical doctor. He struggles to feel comfortable not only with how life has changed, and his fear of being picked on and bullied. Casey is the glue that keeps Zander and Nate together with himself.

Zander Zane is obsessed over helping people like himself get together to feel comfortable and know they are not alone. He tries to establish One Voice and gay straight alliance similar to what he set up while in high school. Zander seems comfortable with not only himself but how sees his life unfolding.

The connection between Zander, Casey, and Nate is blistering. It’s apparent that after getting to know the trio that the magic would not work if it was only two of them. They each bring something to the trio that the others need. I enjoyed how well they try to communicate with each other. I also enjoyed seeing how those around them accept the trio. The sex scenes were hot.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. I enjoyed how the author incorporated romance, young adults growing up, and ménage relationship in realistic and believable way. The main characters and the secondary characters were mesmerizing. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is gripping with several unanticipated twists and turns that kept me intrigued all the way through. I had a hard time putting this book down. I truly can’t wait for the next book in the series. Overall, this was a very captivating book.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32983