HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Serena Yates – The Chauffeur

The Chauffeur - Serena Yates

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
The Chauffeur is the second book in the Workplace Encounters series by Serena Yates. While this book is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed either as part of the series, or as a standalone novel.

Kyle Anderson is a former model that ended up scarred. As his parents spent his earnings as fast as he could make it leads broke and him unable to pay to fix the scarring. Kyle left his parents and moved into his uncle, working at uncle’s limousine company in turn for room and board. This doesn’t earn him any extra cash. Kyle then ends up working a second job as an exotic dancer, using a mask to cover his scars. Kyle is unhappy but determined to be financially independent.

Nick Giddings is a forklift driver who with one visit to the club where Kyle works leaves wanting to know Kyle more. He pushes the limits almost like a stalker to get Kyle’s attention. Then the sparks fly between them.

The connection between Kyle and Nick is blistering. They make a great couple. They connect in ways that neither couple expected or seemed to be looking for. I enjoyed how each character seemed to grow and change from when we first meet them. The sex scenes were scorching.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were realistic. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is gripping. Overall, this was a very interesting book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32977