HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

A New Man by P.D. Singer

A New Man - P.D. Singer

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review: Chad is a senior in college. His life is filled with studying, and fencing. He does not have time for much else. He eats a very healthy diet and does not eat anything that could be considered a junk food. He is exhausted and continues to have intense headaches. His coach continues to accuse him of partying as his fencing skills seem to fade. However a blood test for a fellow student’s project turns his life upside down.

Warren Douglas should be out partying or dating but he spends his free time with his roommate, a man he is attracted to. Warren is gay and he is sure that Chad is straight but Warren comes across as man who has his head on straight and priorities in order. As Warren begins to show Chad the fun two men can have together their relationship deepens.

The connection between Warren and Chad is intense. It grows as Chads issues in the bedroom don’t bother Warren and Warren show Chad how they can still have fun. The sex scenes were scorching. However if Chad did not have the medical problem he did have I wonder if they would have ever come together as anything more than roommates.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. I enjoyed how the author incorporated romance and life altering decisions in realistic and believable way. The main characters and the secondary characters were interesting. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is filled with twists and turns that keep the reader interested all the way through. Overall, this was a very enchanting book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32963