HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Tara Lain – Winter’s Wolf

Winter's Wolf (Tales of the Harker Pack Book 3) - Tara Lain

Reviewer:Victoria

Genre: M/M Paranormal

Review:
Winter’s Wolf is the third book in the Tales of Harker Pack series by Tara Lain. While this book is part of a series, it can be read an enjoyed as a standalone novel.

Winter Thane was raised in the wild of Canada with just his father as company. He never attended school or was part of a pack. Winter is a wolf shifter, a rare shifter who can change at will, in entirety as well as just body parts. However, Winter is not uneducated. He is smarter than those around him. He goes by what is right and wrong and lets that guide him.

Matt Partridge is an FBI agent. He is attracted to Winter. While Matt is neck deep in an investigation, Winter seems to be able to help him. Matt’s main focus is taking care of his father who is ill.

The connection between Matt and Winter is intense. The biggest issue with these two is that I have a hard time seeing them make it long term. While the passion is hot now, Matt did not seem to want to turn to Winter for help unless he had too. The sex scenes were scorching but is that enough?

I found this book well written with a unique plot. I enjoyed how the author incorporated shifter world, romance, and a society filled with problems in realistic and believable way. The main characters and the secondary characters were fascinating. While the ending was a little predictable, this book takes the reader on a journey with twists and turns. The ending was fast paced and I had to read it twice to completely understand all the details. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was a very captivating book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32866