HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Tara Lain – Canning the Center

Canning the Center (The Long Pass Chronicles) - Tara Lain

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Canning the Center is the second book in the Long Pass Chronicles by Tara Lain. While this book is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel.

Jamal Jones is a six foot seven inch, 300 pound football player. Jamal is a bisexual man who has never had to address it to any of his coaches. When he does try to discuss it, he finds out he is replacing a man who was let go for being gay. This sends Jamal into a tail spin when he fall in love with Trevor.

Trevor Landry who also doubles as Trixie LaRue. He enjoys dressing as a woman. Trevor is a mathematician so bright, his IQ is so high it’s unmeasurable. Trevor’s biggest issue is that he has low self-worth. He hides who he is at Southern California University, as a student working on his degree.

The connection between Trevor and Jamal is intense. They make a great couple together. I loved how they were attracted to each other at first sight. I also enjoyed how they have the same interests and background. The sex scenes were blistering.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were mesmerizing and fascinating. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is gripping with several unanticipated twists and turns. I truly had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this is a magnificent book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32357