HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

BL Morticia – No Denying Sin

No Denying Sin (N'awlins Exotica Book 3) - BLMorticia, Michael Mandrake, Jeni Chapelle, Sara York

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
No Denying Sin is the third book in the N’awlins Excotia series by B. L. Morticia. This is a book that is best read as part of the series, due to how the murder mystery is presented.
Orrin Daugherty is from Boston who moved down to New Orleans to get away from drama at his old presinct. Orrin is gay and does not hide it from anyone, but works very hard to keep his private life and his work life completely separate from each other.

Vance Morain is Orrin’s partner at work. Vance seems to struggle with his sexuality. He was raised in Texas that homosexuality was bad. The struggle Vance seems to undertake is realistic until he kisses his partner at work. I had a hard time picturing.

The connection between Vance and Orrin is intense. Both men struggle with their feelings for each other. Orrin does not want to mix work and his private life where Vance does not want to recognize that he has feelings for a man. The sex scenes were sizzling.
I found this book well written with a distinctive plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were fascinating. The book is filled with twists and turns that keep the reader on the edge of their seat, however there is a cliffhanger ending. The book just stops dead with no real ending of the book. I had a hard time putting this book down, and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. Overall, this was a great book.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32438