HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Jane Wallace-Knight – The Happily Ever After Mating Agency: Lion’s Den

The Happily Ever After Mating Agency Presents: The Lion's Den [The Happily Ever After Mating Agency (series name for slider only) 2] (Siren Publishing Classic ManLove) - Jane Wallace-Knight

Reviewer: Lucy

Genre: M/M Paranormal

Review: While I was sort of afraid of what I’d think of this story – involving basically an arranged marriage/mating through an agency – I was happily surprised that I found it sweet and likeable. Jordan is 19 and his life changed dramatically when his parents die and he is now responsible for his younger sister and her daughter. Jordan is a loyal, amazing brother and uncle. He signs up with the agency in the hope of a better life for all of them.

The agency matches Jordan up with Jake, a wealthy widower with three young children who was desperately in love with his deceased wife and who never wants to go through the pain of loss again. When he is basically forced by family to use the agency he fills out the forms for someone as unlike his wife as possible, knowing he then has no chance of falling in love.

I found Jordan’s character so admirable. Taking on the responsiblity of a younger sister and a niece at such a young age would overwhelm someone much older, let alone trying to make a successful mating with a complete stranger with three children in order to create a blended family.

The developing relationship between Jake and Jordan was rather glossed over and a little too understated for me to love it. I did however find the family interaction to be cute, especially the children’s involvement as Jake fumbles through dinner preparation.
I have not read the first in this series but this book is completely standalone. Would I wish for a bit more depth? Sure. But it’s a fluffy little shifter book that made me smile, so I’m very satisfied.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=32767