HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Ashlyn Kane and Morgan James – Winging It

Winging It - Ashlyn Kane, Morgan James

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Sport

Review: Gabe Martin’s life is all about hockey. His life’s dream is to win the Stanley Cup. While Gabe is gay, he is not out, nor does he want to be known as the first gay player in hockey. All he wants to do is play hockey. As life changes around him Gabe attempts to cope with being outed and heading into a relationship he really did not see coming.

Dante Baltierra the opposite of Gabe in almost every way. While he is dedicated to the game of hockey, he is still young enough to enjoy all the perks of being a hockey player. Dante considers himself straight until he spends time with Gabe. He is attracted to him and battles himself and the ramifications of dating a fellow player, especially one that has been outed.

The connection between Dante and Gabe is intense. The relationship between Gabe and Dante starts slowly almost without either of them even realizing it. I loved how Dante slowly incorporated himself into Gabe’s life in and outside of work. The sex scenes were incredible.

I found this book well written with a distinctive plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were absorbing. The ending of the book was predictable but the book was more about the journey to the end than the end itself so it worked well. I had a hard time putting this book down.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-ashlyn-kane-and-morgan-james-winging-it