HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Sue Brown – Anthony and Leo

Anthony & Leo - Sue  Brown

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Anthony and Leo is the third book in the Frankie series by Sue Brown. While this book is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel with ease.

Tony is a bartender who is looking for a Dom of his own. Unfortunately for Tony, he does not fit the idea of most subs. Tony is big, older, and very hairy. He is getting jaded by all the Doms that keep overlooking him for the twink type of sub. It’s getting to the point that Tony is grumpy and short with everyone around him.

Leo is not a dom but is a top and takes a chance and gives Tony his number. Leo is attracted to Tony right from the start. Leo is a man who pushes for Tony to commit to him. He sees the real man underneath and wants him, even if it means he has to push his own boundaries and become the Dom his sub wants him to be.

The connection between Leo and Tony is intense. They make a great couple, however I kept wondering if Jordan’s attraction to Tony would start trouble. It started to look like it would create drama but it fizzled away. This book could have been at least twice the length it was but the author missed opportunities to expand the story in the effort to rush to the end.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. The main characters and the secondary characters kept my interest. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is gripping with several unanticipated twists and turns. Overall, this was a very captivating book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=33166