HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Maggie Kavanagh – Double Indemnity

Double Indemnity - Maggie Kavanagh

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: m/m contemporary

Review: Sam Flynn always dreamed of being a journalist but a car accident changed his life and seemed to sideline his goals in life. Now he seems stuck in a rut. He spends his days working as a landscaper and his nights drunk, jumping in bed with anyone handy. Sam starts looking into the death of a client of his who he saw just before she died.

Nathan is the husband of the woman who died. His wife, Emma, was murdered and Nathan is the biggest suspect. While Nathan might have been married, he also likes men. He works for the FBI and spends a lot of his time away from home working on cases and is bent on finding who killed his wife.

The connection between Nathan and Sam is intense from the first minute we see them together. I enjoyed how Sam went out of his way to try to help Nathan with his grief even if he also wanted to know more. Nathan, it seems, was attracted to Sam just as much as Sam was to him. I loved how Nathan wanted to make sure he was over the death of his wife before trying to have a relationship with Sam. That made the sex scenes even better.

I found this book well written with a fascinating plot. I enjoyed how the author balanced romance and mystery in a realistic and believable way. The main characters and the secondary characters were mesmerizing. While the ending was a little predictable, this book is filled with twists and turns that keep you interested all the way through. I had a hard time putting this book down. I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=33176