HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Brandon Mills Versus the V-Card (Prescott College, #2)

Brandon Mills versus the V-Card - Lisa Henry, J.A. Rock

Reviewer: Sandra

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
I did not read book one, Mark Cooper versus America, prior to this book. Although it wasn't necessary, I can tell that I would have enjoyed that just as much as I did this one. Funny and sweet and adorkable and a little sad, but surprisingly low on angst given Brandon's past.

I don't even have that much to say, but I just had a blast reading it. Good relationship progression. I liked both guys a lot. I liked that we didn't get a rushed 'I love you' (although I totally would have believed it), and the 'I like you' was about the cutest thing, ever. Great secondary characters, Blake in particular.

Brandon's past was handled very well. Information was revealed slowly, although we were able to get the gist fairly early on. Watching Brandon grow and heal was beautiful to watch. It was not a quick fix. Love and/or great sex did not heal his wounds, time and friendship and effort and feelz did.

I honestly found myself laughing out loud, often with a silly grin on my face, at their sweet and dorky jokes/antics. Just good fun. Highly recommended.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-lisa-henry-j-a-rock-brandon-mills-versus-the-v-card-prescott-college-2