HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

AJ Llewellyn and DJ Manly – Mirrors

Mirrors - A.J. Llewellyn, D.J. Manly

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: m/m contemporary

Review:
Mirrors is the first book in the Mirrors series by A.J. Llewellyn and D.J. Manly.

Troy Mayer and his identical twin brother Aaron Mayer were raised separately since the age of two and ended up living very different lives. Troy lived a life of luxury with their father and never wanted for anything. Aaron, on the other hand, struggled to survive every day while taking care of their mother.

Dave Alvarez is Troy’s husband. He is handsome and sweet all rolled into one and the opposite of Troy in almost every way. Dave knows all about Troy’s inability to stay faithful and is truly ready to end his relationship with Troy. While Dave loves Troy he just can’t take him, his cheating ways, and all around bad attitude.

The connection between Dave and Aaron is powerful. After an attempt at reconnection, Aaron pretends to be Troy, all the while enjoying the life of luxury. At first, Dave is attracted to “Troy’s” sudden change. Aaron is everything he always wanted Troy to be. As Dave gets to know Aaron, he falls in love with him. The biggest issue of the book is when and how Aaron will tell Dave who he really is. The sex scenes are scorching.

I found this book well written with a very unique plot. I enjoyed how the author incorporated mystery, romance and suspense in a believable and realistic way. The main characters and the secondary characters kept my attention. I enjoyed how the story unraveled in a way that kept you wondering how it was going to end. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-aj-llewellyn-and-dj-manly-mirrors