HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

K.C. Wells – Trusting Thomas (Collars and Cuffs #2)

Trusting Thomas - K.C. Wells

Reviewer: Sandra

Genre: M/M BDSM

Review:
Why did I wait so long to review this? I think because, although I liked it, I wasn't oozing with excitement. It was good. I actually found it a very interesting and different perspective to a 24/7 D/s relationship that I didn't fully comprehend previously. I don't know if 24/7 is an accurate description to their relationship, but it seemed that way to me. It was nice. And not sexual for most of the book, which again, was nice; a different type of romance than I'm used to.

I guess my issues were these:

1) Some overtones of BDSM-heals-serious-psychological-issues. I appreciated that Thomas made Peter go to a therapist, and talked to the therapist himself about the best way to proceed. Otherwise it would have been insanely negligent. But it seemed to work for Peter, and Thomas seemed to understand what he needed (although it was a little Super-Dom).

2) The narration, as usual. This series is odd. Book 1 did not have English accents, despite being set in Manchester, England. I think the narrator took to heart comments from reviews, and switched. That's nice and all, but only the new characters had British accents. The characters we were familiar with kept their same voices. While I understand this choice, it did not work for me. It just pulls you out of the story, makes their voices distracting. Besides which, I didn't love the narrators British accent anyway, sounded kinda fake. (Would be funny if I found out he really was British!)

Those were the main things. I'm hesitant about continuing with this series. I know the audio will continue to annoy me, but I do like it to some extent. Gonna give this series one more try.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/audio-review-k-c-wells-trusting-thomas-collars-and-cuffs-2