HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Raine O’Tierney – All That Shimmers

All That Shimmers - Raine O'Tierney

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Sports

Review:
Beau Bell was training for the Olympics’ when he was tragically hurt that left him paralyzed from the waist down. Now Beau is training for the Paralympics Men’s 100m in the S6 division. Beau has a wonderful attitude toward his injury and only seems to look forward. However there is one area that Beau is not happy with: erections and his inability to relieve them.

Niksa Meric is a solitary scientist and a poet. He is a very lonely man with almost no friends. Niksa is attracted to his neighbor and watches him through his basement window. Niksa is able to see beyond the wheelchair and only the man sitting in the chair. Niksa has his own issues, serious ones including attempting to kill himself on multiple occasions.

The connection between Beau and Niksa is powerful. They are each damaged in some way and trying to make the best of their lives. They are good for each other because they ease the pain in the other.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were fascinating. The book ended too soon. I felt like the ending of the book was not a natural stopping point but more like the author cut the book off. Overall, this was a very captivating book and I hope the author finishes the story between Beau and Niksa.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-raine-otierney-all-that-shimmers