HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

K.M. Mahoney – Learning to Love Cats

Learning To Love Cats - K.M. Mahoney

Reviewer: Diane

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Mike and Riley meet at the veterinary clinic when Mike is bringing in his nephew and his pet hamster while Riley is in to share his newest kittens for adoption. Mike is not a fan of animals, except maybe dogs, while Riley is an avid animal lover, especially of cats
The story is told from the alternating points of view of Mike and Riley.

I thought this was well written and a good story and overall the pace is good for a short story/novella, but there were a few portions I found went a bit too fast, such as the “L” word being used a little too quickly. I also found that while the story was about learning to love cats to be with the man he was falling for, Mike did not do much learning and Riley did not push learning about them as much as I thought should be part of the story since it’s suggested they are such a big part of Riley’s life. Although I did enjoy how Mike did come around to liking them, that was cute and funny!

I did like the characters, and the supporting characters of both of their families definitely brought in a comedic angle when the two men are caught in compromising positions, but the families also take it well!

I would recommend this story for people who like short stories with some hot scenes and can find it funny how someone who initially does not like cats, comes around to liking them (and no, I’m not going to tell you how!).

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-k-m-mahoney-learning-to-love-cats