HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Silvia Violet – Burning Up (Fitting in #3)

Burning Up (Fitting In Book 3) - Silvia Violet

Reviewer: Diane

Genre: M/M/M Contemporary

Review:
Bryce has just transferred from Atlanta to Durham and is surprised by an attraction he feels to not one of his crew, but two. Matt and Toby are 10 years his junior, they are also bestfriends and Bryce suspects they are more than just friends. He is conflicted though, not sure a ménage relationship can work and also, they are all on the same crew at the firehouse, which could serve as a distraction to the job when emotions are involved.
The story is told from Bryce’s point of view.

If you have read Fitting In and the sequel, Sorting Out, you are already familiar with the ménage relationship of Mason, Grey and Jack, two policemen and a bartender, and the complexities of making such an unusual relationship work. They all make an appearance in this book as Bryce has a second job, as a bartender with Mason! And of course, when Mason learns of Bryce’s struggle, he is all about Bryce giving it a go, although when he talks to Grey and Jack, they understand his hesitation with the job.

I enjoyed this book, especially how the characters were written, very different personalities, but you see how they could balance each other out. Bryce has the experience and perspective to see more than the immediate situation; Matt has been hurt and is more cautious about who he trusts while Toby is the optimist with the boundless energy, but he should not be underestimated for his depth and strength. How they deal with their mutual attractions has awkward moments for people not used to communicating how they feel, but I thought it was written very well. I can’t go into too much detail as I don’t want to spoil the story and you can’t really describe a scene without possibly doing that!

What I really enjoyed, aside from the characters, was how well written the story was for unusual circumstances of a ménage relationship. Despite Mason, Grey and Jack having found a way to balance it, Bryce does not assume it will be a given for it to work for him, Matt and Toby and he does not want this to be an experiment where anyone could get hurt or damaging the friendship Matt and Toby already have, which, when you hear Matt’s story, you realize the importance of their connection.

There are elements of control with the bedroom scenes, I don’t know as I’d go so far to say it is BDSM, unless you want to say it is very light, but there are references to “sir” and control over when one of the characters can have their pleasure. Again, this was present in the first two books, so if you enjoyed them, you will enjoy this one. So I’d recommend it for fans of ménage books, those that like the light BDSM with their sex scenes, not to mention those that like the idea of hot firemen getting together!

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-silvia-violet-burning-up-fitting-in-3