HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Teegan Loy – Love Complicated

Love Complicated - Teegan Loy

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Jalen Marten is eighteen and in the last year of high school. He is looking forward to the end of high school and getting on with his life. However, Jalen does not seem to have any real plans for what happens next, he is too focused on surviving high school. Jalen has real self-confidence issues. He is a wonderful singer who almost no one new could sing until they stumble upon him singing. Even as crowds of people he goes to school with cheer him on he does not believe in his abilities to sing. He also seems to be at a loss as to what to do with his new popularity. When he spends time with the most popular guy at school throws him for a loop which only get worse when Austin makes a move on Jalen.

Austin Suter is one of the most popular guys in high school and its all to do with his ability to play tennis. He is gifted in his ability to play tennis but Austin seems to want to have a more normal life. He seems to live on his own a lot while each of his parents are more focused on their own lives, but Austin’s Dad pushes his son to work harder and look beyond high school while Austin just wants to enjoy high school.

The link between Austin and Jalen is incredible and complex. I enjoyed seeing both men get to know each other and form a connection. Jalen’s lack of self-confidence did not seem to frustrate anyone, rather they just pushed Jalen to explore and enjoy his senior year at high school. Austin was the character I felt the most sorry for, while he might enjoy tennis he needs a life beyond it as well and his parents don’t seem to get that.

Love Complicated is the first book in a two part series by Teegan Loy. I found this book well written with an fleshed out plot. I enjoyed how the author incorporated the romance and angsts of high school in a realistic and believable way. The main characters and the secondary characters were genuine and fascinating. I loved how it was hard to predict how the book was going to end. This book kept me guessing all the way through. I had a hard time putting this book down. I truly can’t wait for the second part of the story. Overall, this was a wonderful book.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-teegan-loy-love-complicated