HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Shad O. Walker – That Stormy Knight, One Warlock’s Love Story

That Stormy Knight - Shad O. Walker

Reviewer: Missy B

Genre: M/M Paranormal

Review: So much backstabbing, and spying, it never ends. There is so much happening throughout the book. It's book four, and I was able to fill in some blanks, but I think you really need to read books 1 - 3 for everything to make sense, as well as to really get a sense of who's who and the relationships between them all. There are many characters and not having read books 1-3 makes it a touch overwhelming and confusing in spots. There are some reminders/hints as to the relationships between some of the characters, but it's not a matter of something repeated over and over.

I’m not sure if the book is supposed to be about Zander, but this seemed to be.

I like the characters, and the interactions. They are fun, true throughout the book, and have depth to them.

My only issue was after the magicals were attacked, nothing was mentioned about it.

The story is intriguing, full of action, and so many twists and full of different kinds of characters. Almost too many characters, but that might be because I haven't read books 1- 3. A chapter from page 164 explains the book well.

"Aren't most disputes of this nature silly? Isn't it ridiculous that people hate each other because of the color of their skin, or because of who they choose to love, or because one is magical or another is a shifter?" (p. 164)

This book is about typical fears, biases that many people have and others thrive on.

The ending is abrupt, and leaves you screaming "What". It's a great action packed ending, just that it ends abruptly.

I will be checking out books 1 - 3.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-shad-o-walker-that-stormy-knight-one-warlocks-love-story