HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Megan Slayer – Home to Cedarwood

Home to Cedarwood - Megan Slayer

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Colin Baker owns a bookstore and comic store combined. He is back in his hometown with his son after a bad breakup a year ago. He needs the help his brother can provide as he raises his son. Colin is a gay man who is out to all those around him. He will not hide who he is for anyone. Colin is also being harassed by someone who seems to want him gone from town because of his sexuality.

Officer Jordan Hargrove is back in his hometown. He keeps his sexuality quiet because of his job as not everyone is accepting. However, after pulling over Colin on a traffic stop, he wants to spend more time with the man and get him to understand why he did what he did when he was younger.

The connection between Jordan and Colin is powerful. They make a great pair together, and I loved how understanding Jordan was with Colin’s son. He knew going in that he was part of the package and wanted both of them. I also liked how well Jordan wanted to care for Colin.

I found this book well written with a delightful plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were mesmerizing. At 83 pages, this book had a well-defined beginning, middle and ending. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was an enchanting book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-megan-slayer-home-to-cedarwood