HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Meredith Russell – Fallout

Fallout (HA1710 Book 4) - Meredith Russell

Reviewer: Lucy

Genre: MM Contemporary

Review: Harrison has had a massively unhealthy relationship with Antony, who is getting married the next day. Why Harrison would put himself through being there for the wedding is a mystery. For his part, Antony is toxic, a cheater and a liar. When things come to a head at the wedding, Harrison is given the blame for everything and ends up in a fight with Antony’s brother which results in being barred from the flight home. Mutual friend Elijah defends him and decides to stay with Harrison. The fact that Elijah has secretly loved this man who never even really noticed him for years is just painful.
It ends up being a blessing in disguise, as the plane crashes, without Harrison and Elijah on it. As they wait out the time necessary to be able to get another flight, they make some admissions and things go pretty quick.

I am not sure how I feel about their relationship. Harrison really put up with being treated like garbage by Antony, in the vain hope he would realize they were in love. On the flip side, he sort of treats Elijah in a similar manner, though I don’t think it was on purpose. The timing was too fast for me – I wanted Harrison to be what? Noble? I’m not sure. The story ends on a beginning, which was nice, but I wish the words hadn’t been said, particularly by Harrison, because that really rang false. The rest of the story worked well for me and the Antony/Harrison toxic affair issue seemed particularly realistic. The story is well written and characters well developed.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-meredith-russell-fall-out