HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Cardeno C. – Home Again (Home Series, Book One)

Home Again - Cardeno C.

Reviewer: Diane

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Noah wakes up in hospital not knowing what has happened to get him there, but believing that once Clark gets there, everything will be fine again.

When Clark shows up at the hospital, he takes charge of Noah’s care, but then they learn that Noah somehow does not remember the last three years!

The story is told from the alternating points of view of Noah and Clark, in present day as well as through flashback.

December 26, 2007 is the date Noah remembers last, thinking he has been out a few weeks, when in fact, he wakes up around December 14, 2010! He first wakes up to see his brother Ben, who he asks to tell him where Clark is and when Ben does not know what to say, Noah sends him away and tells the medical staff not to let his brother back in until Clark gets there.

Noah and Clark first met when Noah was about 13 years old, a completely rebellious kid who was keeping himself secret from his family for fear of what they would do so he acted out everyplace else for a release. When he meets Clark, he is convinced right away that they are meant to be together, Clark is not sure what to do with that because up to Noah’s assertion of their rightness, he had thought he was straight. He’s also concerned about their age difference since he is the same age as Noah’s brother, Ben, 17 at the time they meet.

Now, I can’t explain too much between the two dates without giving away the story and really, you have to read the whole story to appreciate the journey these characters have to take because I know I could hardly put the book down! However, Noah is in Emile City, and if you have read the first book, you know that at one point, Clark was in LA, and while I knew that when I started reading this book, I was still completely pulled in to the story.

I would definitely recommend this book for people who believe in second chances – and the second chance is for more than just Noah and Clark, as there is Noah and Ben as well as Clark and Ben. A few characters from He Completes Me make an appearance in this, as well as characters from books to come, but you don’t need to read the rest of the series to enjoy each book – although I liked reading them all! I’d recommend this book for romance lovers who enjoy the journey of going through the tough times, second chances, as I said, as well as some hot scenes.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-cardeno-c-home-again-home-series-book-one