HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Sloan Johnson – Wild Pitch

Wild Pitch (Homeruns Book 1) - Sloan  Johnson

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Sports

Review:
Wild Pitch is the first book in the Homeruns series by Sloan Johnson.

Sean Tucker is a major league baseball player as a pitcher. He loves his job and seems to live for his games. He is in the closet because he thinks they might not let him play otherwise and the future is not something he wants to think of just yet. Sean is head over heels in love with one man, whom he thinks won’t return his feelings so he tries to bury his feelings for him.

Mason Atley is a major league baseball player as a short stop. He is at a cross roads in his life. He is getting a divorce from his wife and is making changes to his life. He best friend is Sean who showed him the ropes on the field. Mason has one secret he never shared with Sean but his ready now.

The connection between Mason and Sean is intense and they make a great pair. They understand each other’s job and the travel that is entailed in it. They also understand the toll of being away from those you love. I loved how once Mason came out of the closet to Sean they tried to make a relationship work between them, as if too much time as passed already.

I found this book well written with an interesting plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were fascinating. This book is filled with twists and turns that keep the reader entertained all the way through. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was a very captivating book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-sloan-johnson-wild-pitch