HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

K.C.Wells – Make Me Soar (Collars and Cuffs #6)

Make Me Soar - K.C. Wells

Reviewer: Barb

Genre: m/m bdsm

Review:
Number six in the Collars and Cuffs series, in this one, Dorian finally got his own story. The resident pain slut of the Collars and Cuffs BDSM club wasn’t a very likeable character in the first few books, especially when he tried to break up Alex and Leo in An Unlocked Heart.

Any time a scene at the club called for a masochistic sub, Dorian was there, but Dorian was never affected enough by the scenes to be able to enter subspace, and that’s something he dearly wants. He finally decides he’s had enough of the club and heads to Berlin to a club that he’s heard about on the Internet— a club where he can likely get the kind of pain that will make him soar. But what he gets is far from what he wanted.

Thankfully, Alan Marchant, a Dom who has been watching Dorian for months and assessing Dorian’s readiness to try a short-term contract with him, is willing to drop everything and find Dorian when he fails to report in to his friend Pietro. Leo goes with him, and they search the club where they knew he’d been headed until they finally find someone who knows where he is. But, the broken, beaten, and bleeding young man they find is far from the proud submissive they knew.

Dorian is shattered, not only physically, but emotionally as well, and seeing him that way makes Alan either want to pound a wall, or hold Dorian close, or both. With Leo’s help, Alan tends to Dorian’s wounds, and from that moment on, Doran is Alan’s. Alan takes him to his home to recuperate, and as Dorian begins to come out of the early stages of grief over what happened, Alan discusses a short-term contract and promises Dorian that he will be able to make Dorian soar if Dorian is able to put his complete trust in his Dom.

It seems that Dorian, labeled a pain slut, and now branded by the men who brutalized him, has only ever really needed to be loved and nurtured and Alan can see that clearly. At first shying from the sensation of touch, Dorian becomes used to Alan’s touches, hugs, and kisses. The story moves in a totally unexpected direction, at least it was unexpected to me, but a direction which makes perfect sense and is actually beautifully on target for Dorian.

I came to really love him, and I enjoyed the relationship that developed between Dorian and Alan just as much as I loved the partnering of Alex and Leo, and Thomas and Peter. This is one of my top favorite stories of the series as the author uncovers the layers of Dorian’s personality and of Alan’s past and the relationship that most influenced his life.

I highly recommend this series to all lovers of M/M romance, BDSM, and a story with a very special and well-deserved HEA.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-k-c-wells-make-me-soar-collars-and-cuffs-6