HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Dawn Kimberly Johnson – The Answer Is

The Answer Is (Q&A Book 2) - Dawn Kimberly Johnson

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: MM contemporary

Review:
The Answer is by Dawn Kimberly Johnson is the second book in the Q & A series. While this book can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel, I find it best read if the prior book is read in order to gain a complete understanding of the characters and the situation.

Jamison Coburn is a hard working man who has put his family’s needs before his for a long time. He works two jobs, one in construction and the other making furniture. He seems to have his priorities right. However, Jamison is gay and wants to keep his sexuality quite. He does not know how others around him will take the news. The one thing that he is sure of is He is head over heels in love with his boyfriend.

Lonnie Bellerose is Jamison’s boyfriend. Lonnie seems to have self-esteem and trust issues. While he knows Jamison loves him, he just can’t figure out why. Lonnie is an artist who is very good at what he does.

The connection between Lonnie and Jamison is intense. They are a great match for each other. I loved that when things got difficult they were able to communicate with each other and did not jump to conclusions right away. I also like that when Lonnie tried to put distance between them, Jamieson was quick to follow.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. The main characters and the secondary characters were spellbinding. While the ending was a little predictable, the journey the book takes the reader is gripping with several unanticipated twists and turns. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was a very captivating book and I hope there is another book in the series soon.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-dawn-kimberly-johnson-the-answer-is