HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Cat Blaine – The Cop and the Geek 2

The Cop and the Geek 2 - Cat Blaine

Reviewer: Lucy

Genre: MM Cops

Review: This is the second in a series but I haven’t read the first one, the story where James and Scott (and Troy) meet. In this installment, James and Scott have been dating for a month. First Scott “surprises” James into a paint ball game in order for James to meet Scott’s work friends. It is a case of instant dislike on the part of Jack, Scott’s police partner, even as Scott doesn’t take it very seriously. Paint ball goes pretty well (James is better than the thought!), Jack notwithstanding, and now Scott wants to go camping, just the two of them.

The camping trip has problems, big ones. James’ father was a cop and a bad father, and James tends to pull away. He can’t here because there are things that have to be done. I did like it when it finally admits “…it’s gonna hurt” and Scott has a sweet reaction to it.

It lowered my enjoyment (and my rating) a bit that after a month things were so serious between them, considering that there was Troy to think of. Also, I wanted some type of resolution or explanation about Jack, which didn’t happen. This may be due to the fact that I didn’t read the story before this one, which I now need to do. But for the most part, it was cute and sweet short story. James gets to realize not every cop is like his father and Scott gets to prove that James is much stronger than people give him credit for.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-cat-blaine-the-cop-and-the-geek-2