HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Posy Roberts – Cheeky Hipsters and Jocks

Cheeky Hipsters & Jocks (BFP: The Secrets Collection) - Posy Roberts

Reviewer: Lucy

Genre: MM Contemporary

Review: All right, just say it. This story has manties! A drawer full of them! It’s a pretty short story (71 pages on iPad) and it’s cute. Jack is a hockey player who has a secret underneath his pants, one that he’s been very careful to keep hidden. Jack has a lot of stress at his public relations job and there are two things that help alleviate this – hockey and manties. When one of the players, an exuberant, likeable young guy, finds the hot pink lace and silk in Jack’s hockey bag, well, the secret isn’t so safe. The guys assume Jack had a lunch time fling. Only the captain, Elijah, realizes by Jack’s reaction what might be happening.

Elijah is a good guy, even if he does sniff Jack’s manties. Elijah and Jack have to navigate not only the undies issue, but Jack’s insane work schedule and the hockey team. I liked how Elijah was just very calm about things. He gets it, Jack’s need for those cheekies that do their job “…making his feel right in his skin.” Elijah has to bust through Jack’s insecurities and he does so with affection.

There were a couple times I reread something because it seemed oddly phrased. “Gagging for me to touch you.” I assume this was supposed to be begging? Also, during sex it sounded odd for someone to say, “Tell me when you’re ready for me to thrust.” These were little things and didn’t take away from the story.

It’s a cute, fluffy thing with an ending that’s a little bit fanciful, since coming from an insane hockey family I couldn’t really see it would be that easy but heck, maybe it would! And props for Elijah being a school principal – they have such a rep as being stodgy and Ethan proves, nope, they all aren’t. I really wish the hot bod on the cover was wearing that pink lace.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-posy-roberts-cheeky-hipsters-and-jocks