HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Jay Northcote – All Man

All Man - Jay Northcote

Reviewer: Lucy

Genre: MM Contemporary

Review: Okay, first off let’s start with the cover. I love this cover – I felt it totally embodied the hotness that is Jules. If you’ve read Top Me Maybe, you’ve met Jules. He’s a hair stylist at the salon with Ty, who does make appearances in this story. But you don’t need to read that to enjoy this.

Jules is sarcastic and funny. When his living wet dream walks into the salon to fix the sinks, well, heaven help us. He’s trying not to flutter his eyelashes at the “big, butch bloke” but it’s not working. He’s crushing on hairy Gareth but he isn’t even sure the man is gay, especially since Gareth isn’t acting particularly interested while at the salon. It’s off to the club goes Jules where he realizes Gareth is gay, but Jules goes off for sex with someone else when he doesn’t think Gareth wants him.

The story could have been a marshmallow, fluffy and sugary, but there are some moments that bring it into a bit darker area. There is an attempted rape and recounts of a past rape, as a warning for those triggers. Gareth is a good guy and the femme parts of Jules do not bother him, and they have some things to share that make them connect.
The whole story takes place in less than a week, with an epilogue that I adored. It’s sweet and I liked both characters as they get to know each other. And the moment when Jules realizes why “He looked different somehow…”, well, that was lovely.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-jay-northcote-all-man