HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Piper Vaughn – Hook, Line, & Sinker (Hard Hats #2)

Hook, Line, & Sinker (Hard Hats Book 2) - Piper Vaughn

Reviewer: Sandra

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:  I'm having trouble reviewing this because I really really really liked the first 90%. But I absolutely hate when an author throws an out-of-the-blue conflict in as a Hail Mary in the last effen chapter. I was so annoyed on principle, but when it's the last chapter we don't have time to enjoy the reconciliation. It's just, "Yay, we worked it out! The end." Feels anti-climactic to me.

Anywho, that's why I rounded down. I thought the narration was good, same as book 1. This is def a good series to go audio for, and I plan on continuing. (I'm hoping/assuming the next book will be Gavin and Riley!) You don't need to read book 1 first, although I liked it as well so I'd recommend starting at the beginning just to enjoy the whole series. The guys' interactions in this were good, the sex was hot, and the relationship progression was spot-on (until the-conflict-that-shall-not-be-named), so def worth the read.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/audio-review-piper-vaughn-hook-line-sinker-hard-hats-2