HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Nic Starr – Andrew’s Promise

Andrew's Promise - Nic Starr

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre: M/M Contemporary

Review:
Andrews Promise is the second book in the Heroes series by Nic Starr. While this is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel with ease.

Andrew Campbell is a young mechanic who loves his job. He is content with his life. He is about to restore a Ford Mustang with his Dad before heading off on a cross-country road trip. However, when tragedy strikes Andrew gives up his dream of a cross country trip to raise his younger brother. But in the process, he pushes his best friend away.

Tanner McKenzie heart was broken when Andrew pushed him away. He went on the cross country trip alone. He started a life for himself but now he is back after being gone for ten years. Tanner wants to start over with Andrew to at least be friends again or more.

The connection between Tanner and Andrew is intense. You could feel the love between the two of them. I am surprised that Tanner did not see that Andrew pushed him away all those years ago so he was not tied down like Andrew was going to be. You have to admire Andrew for stepping up like he did. There are not many people who would even if they were in the position to do it.

I found this book well written with a unique plot. I enjoyed how the author used the flashbacks to complete the story. It was done in a way that did not detract from the storyline, or frustrate the reader.  While the ending was a little predictable, I enjoyed the overall message this book tells. I had a hard time putting this book down. Overall, this was a very wonderful book and I hope to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-nic-starr-andrews-promise