HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

K.A. Merikan – The Devil’s Ride (Sex & Mayhem #2)

The Devil's Ride - K.A. Merikan

Reviewer:Sandra

Genre:M/M Bikers

Review:
So first off, I'm reading this series entirely out of order, but I just cannot be bothered to give any fucks! YESSSSSSS!!!Tooth and Lucifer were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Talk about a sloooooow motherfucking burn, it hurts so good! Tooth had the self-control of a God as Lucifer continually and shamelessly flirts and thrown himself at Tooth. But Tooth is a big 'ol softie and he knows what's best for Lucifer, so he waits. But the friendship that develops is absolutely swoon worthy, with little snippets of sexy spankings when Lucifer is naughty and needs to be punished. Completely platonic spanking though... *cough *cough.

This book has some D.R.A.M.A. But fear not, Tooth is a steady presence throughout that keeps them on a relatively even keel as Lucifer stumbles and cries his way though his new and unwanted life in the Coffin Nails MC. The drama surrounds (eventually) learning about and dealing with Lucifer's past, as well as the culmination of the case that Tooth has been trying to solve ever since his lovers murder 12 years ago.

It was wonderful to see Lucifer's relationship with his father, as well as all the bikers, change and grow throughout the course of the book. It felt genuine in that they didn't easily accept his sexuality, but grew to love and understand him over time. I even loved the addition of the Queen Bitch as it reminded me of the psycho yet protective Gemma from Sons Of Anarchy.

The point being, I have a life. I have responsibilities. A job and whatnot. ... I stayed up until 4 a.m. reading. Whether crying or panting or swooning, I just couldn't put it the fuck down. For those of you who are concerned, the BDSM is very light IMHO. And while the newest (and also awesome) installment in this series, Red Hot, displays a rough and unhealthy relationship, Tooth and Lucifer are absolutely perfect together in every way. Bloody teeth and all!

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-k-a-merikan-the-devils-ride