HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Maggie Kavanagh – Inner Sanctum

Inner Sanctum - Maggie Kavanagh

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre:M/M Contemporary

Review:
Inner Sanctum is the second book in The Stonebridge Mysteries by Maggie Kavanagh. This book is best read as part of the series to best understand the characters and setting. However, it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel as well.

The first paragraph of the story leaves you intrigued. At the end of the first chapter, I was hooked and could not wait to finish the story. The author did a wonderful job of creating a realistic world where the reader is able to picture what is happening, including a time and place. The author realistic world pulled to reader into in was ease. The pace of the story was a steady pace that was not too fast or too slow. The characters in the story were thought-provoking and exciting. I loved that both Sam and Nathan each were not perfect. They both come across as very realistic.

The point of view alternated between Sam and Nathan, giving the reader a glimpse inside both characters. The changing point of view was done with care so the reader did not get lost or repeat story lines. The main conflict of the story is developing relationship while Sam is trying to clean a teenager’s name. The characters motivations fit the conflict. The level of conflict is perfect. I was left wanting more by the stories end. The dialogue between the characters was sincere and distinct. The characters voice matched not only the setting but fit their overall personality. I loved this story, and can see re-reading it again in the future. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-maggie-kavanagh-inner-sanctum