HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Amberly Smith – Marriage Most Convenient

Marriage Most Convenient - Amberly Smith

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre:M/M Contemporary

Review:
Tom Flynn wants to open a retreat for disabled kids but can’t get a loan due to his work history. To access his trust fund he needs to be married so he asks his best friends, Luke to marry him to help him access the money.

The beginning of the story leaves you wondering how this book will turn out. At the end of the first chapter, I could not wait to finish the book. The authors voice pulled me into the story. The author created a realistic world filled with interesting characters. The world the author created had a sense of time and place that pulled me into the story. The pace of the story was a bit slow at some points and fast is others. The characters in the story were fascinating. The two main character, Luke and Tom each come across almost too perfect and don’t really have any negative flaws. Some of the secondary characters come across as they were not really planned but thrown in.

The point of view alternated between Luke and Tom, giving the reader a glimpse inside both characters. The changing point of view was done with care so the reader did not get lost or repeat story lines. The main conflict of the story is for Tom to marry his best friend Luke to access his trust fund to create a retreat for disabled kids. My biggest issue with this story is I expected more to do when Luke and Tom fall for each other and turn the business arrangement between them into more. It seemed to fall short and I was left wanting. The dialogue between the characters was candid and distinctive. The characters voice matched not only the setting but fit their overall personality. I enjoyed the ending of the book and will be looking into more books by this author in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-amberly-smith-marriage-most-convenient