HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Ada Maria Soto – Bowerbirds

Bowerbirds (Nested Hearts Book 2) - Ada Maria Soto

Reviewer: Victoria

Review:
Bowerbirds is the second book in the Nested Hearts series by Ada Maria Soto. While this book is part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone novel with ease.

In the first chapter, the author did a great job of drawing the reader into the story. By the end of the chapter, I was excited to finish the story. The author was able to portray a unique and original voice that carried throughout the book. The author created a world that was easy to picture and included a place and time frame that helped. The author’s world was easy to connect too. The pace of the story was a bit slow at some points and fast is others. The characters come across as unique and realistic. I liked that the two main characters, Gabriel and James each had flaws making them believable. They seemed to leap off the page.

The point of view alternated between Gabriel and James, giving the reader a glimpse inside both characters. The changing point of view was done with care so the reader did not get lost or repeat story lines. The main conflict of the story is Gabriel and James making their relationship work when they are from two different worlds including financial. I loved how the story played out. It was hard to predict what would happen next. The level of conflict was perfect, anymore and it would have detracted from the overall storyline. The dialogue between the characters was genuine and distinctive. The characters voice matched not only the setting but fit their overall personality. The ending was a bit predictable but the author takes the reader on a wonderful journey. I hope we get to see these characters again in the future.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-ada-maria-soto-bowerbirds