HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Garrett Leigh – Misfits

Misfits - Garrett Leigh

Reviewer:Rich

Genre:M/M/M Contemporary

Review:
The novel, largely set in London, United Kingdom plots the development of a triad among three diverse gay men. Tom and Cass have been partners for most of a decade. Sharing the responsibility of several different restaurants and food delivery service, they have work ethic that would make a Puritan seem lazy. Tom’s focus is business aspect and Cass take care of the food. They don’t see each for days.

Jake, a waiter at a chain restaurant, meets Tom while he is waiting tables. As the friendship develops between the three it culminates with Jake moving in, with Cass complete approval and encouragement.

The most interesting part of the story is that Jake is afflicted with Tourette’s syndrome. The author as stated in her concluding note, performed first hand research into the subject interviewing and observing a man with Tourette’s. No cursory Goggle search for her.

My one difficulty with this book was the frequent use of British slang and colloquialism. Although most could be understood in context, several I had to research. On a positive note, I actually learned new slang.

I recommend this title for those seeking a pleasant story, triad or a character with Tourette’s syndrome. The characters are far the from ideal and that is what makes for an interesting story.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-garrett-leigh-misfits