HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Charley Descoteaux – Buchanan House

Buchanan House - Charley Descoteaux

Reviewer: Victoria

Genre:M/M Contemporary

Review: Eric Allen with his best friend Nathan work to create a gay friendly resort much to the dismay of Eric’s family who wish to interfere. The local handyman Tim helps fix the issues the house has while falling for Eric.

The beginning of the story leaves you wanting to know more. The author’s voice was distinctive and imaginative. By the end of the first chapter, I could not wait to finish the book. The world the author created was easy to picture in my head. The author’s writing helped convey a sense of place and time frame and pulled the reader into the story. The pace of the story was a very steady pace, not too fast or too slow. The characters were fascinating and electric. Both Eric and Tim were not perfect, each had faults. This make both of the more realistic and lifelike.

The point of view is third person mainly focusing on Eric. I would have liked to know more about Tim faster than we did. The main conflict of the story is Eric’s creating a gay resort while developing a relationship with the local handyman while dealing his family. The level of conflict while a bit complicated was a bit light. I would have liked a little more to the story than what was there. The dialogue between the characters was open and distinguishing. The characters voice seem to match not only the setting but the overall personality of the character. I would like to see this story turned into a series. Their seems to be many secondary characters that I would like to know more about.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/review-charley-descoteaux-buchanan-house