HeartsOnFireReviews

Hearts On Fire Reviews

We read and review for the love and joy of books.

Nikki Bennett – The Cattle Baron’s Bogus Boyfriend

The Cattle Baron's Bogus Boyfriend - Nicki Bennett

Reviewer: Barb
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: MM Cowboy

Review: This is a delightful story, very reminiscent of the sweet romances featuring big, strong cowboys that I used to love to read when I was a teen.

Linc Courtwright is a very hot, very wealthy, very manly cowboy and executive director of a Texas ranching operation that not only exports beef but also taps in to the gas and oil reserves on the land. His new assistant, Jonah Hollis, is a cutie with a big-time crush on Linc. Of course, he’d never tell Linc that since he values his life, and Linc is obviously straight.

After Linc breaks up with his sexy, gorgeous girlfriend who looks like a model but is actually a rodeo star, he asks Jonah to accompany him to the Cattle Baron’s Ball, the annual charity event that he always attends. Jonah knows it’s just a sham—a ploy to make Melissa jealous and to keep face—because he overheard Linc talking with his ranch foreman about her and his invitation to the ball.

But what he doesn’t know is that Linc is bisexual, and apparently, it’s not a sham to him. Can Jonah overcome his shyness, and his ties to the parents who have never accepted that he might not marry? And what happens when his best friend, Caylee, needs him back in Oklahoma? The anger, angst, and confusion comes to a head when Linc confronts Jonah after tracking him down and results in a surprise, but happy, ending.

I recommend this one to all who might enjoy an MM romance featuring a good guy who gets his cowboy in time to ride off into the sunset together.